Shrimp and Spinach Stuffed Salmon Recipe
Are you looking to do something different with your salmon? Wanting something different is the reason why I decided to try something new with my salmon. On this week’s Cooking Healthy with Tiffany Show, I cooked up some delicious, mouth watering, easy, yummy, but healthy shrimp and spinach medley, mixed with my own feta and ricotta cheese spread, and stuffed tight into some blackened salmon!!! Just typing this is making me want some more! Lol.
Easy Yummy Salmon
This recipe is very easy to make. There are a few steps involved prior to putting it in the oven. But if you’ve been following me, you know I’m always looking for healthy recipes that get you in and out of the kitchen in record time. Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish to cook. Also, it is good for you. Salmon contains a great source of omega 3 fatty acids (“good fats”). Moreover, these “good fats” in salmon aid in the prevention of illnesses such as heart disease and depression. It’s a great source of protein, as well as potassium, and B Vitamins. Let’s not forget, it also tastes yummy! So without further delay…Here’s the recipe:
Shrimp and Spinach Stuffed Salmon
-1 Tablespoon of fresh dill (chopped)
-⅓ Cup of Feta cheese crumbles
-2 Tablespoons of Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
-1 Cup of mix veggies (chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro, bell peppers)
-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
-3 Cups of Chopped Spinach
-¾ Cup of medium shrimp cleaned, peeled, and deveined
-Mrs. Dash or other “no salt” seasonings
-2 Tablespoons of blackening seasoning ( I used Zatarain’s)
-1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
-2 Tablespoons of Badia Complete Seasoning (optional)
-½ teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
-4 4 -5 oz. of salmon fillets (preferably without the skin)
-Olive oil cooking spray
You will also need:
-3 Mixing bowls
-Baking pan or cookie sheet
-Spatula (large and small)
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Spray your baking pan or sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
3) In a small bowl mix feta cheese, dill, and ricotta cheese to make the spread. Place the mixture on the side.
4) In another bowl, season your shrimp and place on the side until ready for use.
5) Place salmon on cutting board. Using a knife, gently slice open the top of the salmon creating a split wide enough to stuff the mixture. Be sure not to slice it all the way through, only the top. Next, place in mixing bowl and season the salmon. Lastly, place to the side. Note: Feel free to season in advance and marinate overnight.
6) In a medium skillet add the olive oil, mixed veggies, and spinach. Saute’ the spinach for a few minutes with veggies. Feel free to add some of your seasonings to the pan. Be careful not to overcook the spinach because it will get cooked some more once it’s stuffed into the salmon.
7) Next, mix the shrimp in with the spinach for a few minutes until they turn a lil pink. IMPORTANT: Be sure not to let them cook all the way because they will continue cooking in the oven.
8) Now it’s time to stuff your salmon! Place the salmon pieces in the baking pan/tray. Next, using a small spatula, spread the feta mixture in the bottom of the opening. Using tongs, pick up a mixture of the spinach and shrimp and gently stuff it in the top of the salmon. Be careful not to overload it. Leave space for the last spread of the feta mixture. Lastly, top off the stuffed salmon spreading a lil more of the feta mixture. Repeat this for the other salmon fillets.
9) Place in oven for 10 minutes. After ten minutes check to make sure it is done. Be careful not to overcook the salmon, you don’t want it dry! Remove from the heat and let it cool. Use your large spatula to lift the Add your sides and you are ready to eat!
Please tune in to next week’s episode at 8 pm EST on Facebook and Instagram (@tiffanyd_kelly). Don’t forget to check my blog each week after the show for more recipe downloads. Thanks again for visiting!